What if my child wants to participate in a Club midway through the school year?
- Students are able pick and choose clubs as they please; though some clubs have culminating events, such as basketball, cheerleading, and robotics.
Which days do the late buses come and what time do they depart from school?
- Late buses run Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Late bus dismissal is at 4:30pm and the buses arrive and depart on a staggered schedule.
What are the rules of the After School Program?
- Students are required to follow the same rules during the school day.
- NO phone use, and NO electronics during after school hours.
- Parents can reach their students by calling the main office until 4:30pm, after that time we allow the use of a cell phone only with parental contact.
What if my child needs extra help or is having difficulty in a certain subject area?
- We provide tutoring services and dedicate Wednesdays to academics.
- If a student needs help they can stay after any day of the week for academic assistance. Basic support can be provided by the After-School Program, but if a student is having a specific problem with certain content they are encouraged to stay after with the teacher of that subject.
- If the student decides to stay after on a day when there are no late buses then he/she needs to have made prior arrangements to be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Students are also encouraged to make appointments with their teachers to get help after-school on the day their teacher stays after. After receiving help from their teacher, the student is welcome to and come join the after-school program.
What happens if school is closed early due to weather conditions?
- If school closes early due to bad weather then the After-School Program will also be cancelled/closed. Please make sure that you have a contingency plan in place for such events.