Theatre Arts Courses and Spring Musical
Courses available to Hughes students to explore theatre arts.
- Theatre Arts Appreciation - Available to both 7th and 8th grade students. Students will work on stage skills through scene work, improv and other performances.
- Advanced Theatre Arts - (Year Long) Available to students who have taken an introductory theater class or by teacher recommendation. This course is designed for the student who is comfortable performing on stage and is ready to explore more advanced skills. Students will perform in front of invited audiences.
- Technical Theatre Appreciation - Available to both 7th and 8th grade students. Students will explore the role of theatre designers as they study set design, costumes, lighting, sound, and make-up. Students will improve their presentation and communication skills through design presentations.
- Musical Theatre - Available to 7th and 8th graders. Students will improve their acting, singing and dancing skills through group and solo performances. Students will showcase their work in front of an invited audience.
After School Opportunities
- School Play - All Hughes students are welcome to audition for the annual school production. We hold an interest meeting in the fall. Final performances are in the Spring. We also invite students to serve on a crew for the play. All rehearsals are held after school. This production requires a major time commitment.