2020-21 New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Langston Hughes Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Panthers for the 2020-21 school year!
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Langston Hughes Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- 7th and 8th-grade students who are new to Hughes Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend one of the elementary schools in the South Lakes HS pyramid(Dogwood ES, Forest Edge ES, Hunters Woods ES, Lake Anne ES, Sunrise Valley ES, Terraset ES) as a 6th-grader in 2019-2020. If the student attended an elementary school in the South Lakes HS pyramid in 2019-20, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to Hughes MS.
New Student Registration Forms
- Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
- For more information, please visit our school's new student registration page.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than English?
Student families wishing to register a middle school student with a home language other than English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.