LHMS Schedule Change Request
Langston Hughes Middle School Schedule Change Request Form
Please complete and submit this Google form to request a schedule change.
Hughes staff spends considerable time assisting students with their selection of appropriate courses. Since all decisions regarding staffing, instructional allocations, etc. are made based on those selections, change requests may be accommodated only under very limited circumstances. Semester electives will not be considered for course changes; this process is for year-long courses.
Please note: Changes may not be possible due to space and/or may require multiple class and teacher changes to the schedule. Completion of this form does not guarantee that the change will be made. Rather, it will initiate the formal process for consideration. No changes will be made after the 3rd quarter.
Before a schedule change may be requested, the following must be complete:
- The student must speak with my current teacher about this schedule change request.
- The student must speak with his or her counselor about this schedule change request.
- A parent conference must held with the current teacher.
Please understand the following:
- All grades received in current classes will be provided to new teachers.
- The student is responsible for any missed work that the new teacher deems necessary for understanding the content.
- If approved, the new schedule change is final and cannot be reversed.