Cross Country & Track
Cross Country season has started it's inaugural season here at Langston Hughes Middle School!
- A completed FCPS Middle School Sports Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form (PPE).
- The exam must be completed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant. Please note that the form must be dated on or after May 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Turned in to Mr. G prior to attending the first practice.
- Student-athletes in FCPS are required to be covered by medical insurance. If your student is not covered by another plan, you can enroll in this other option.
- Each student-athlete and a parent/guardian will complete a registration process that includes the state-mandated concussion education program and Emergency Care Card information before the student participates in middle school sports.
Each student-athlete and a parent/guardian will review the FCPS Middle School Sports Athletic Health Education Program prior to the student’s participation in middle school athletic activities.
Practices will take place on Monday and Wednesday's each week after-school from 2:30-3:30pm.
Fall 2023 Cross Country Meet Schedule
October 7th - Herndon Middle School
October 21st - Franklin Middle School
October 28th - Iriving Middle School
November 4th - All County Meet (TBD)
Important Note: Per FCPS Policy, all student athletes must ride the bus to and from the meet.
Volunteer and Support
Parent Volunteers for each meet are needed, please sign up.
If you don’t have time to give, please consider donating gear or snacks. Since this is a new program, we are starting with nothing. A Cross Country Amazon wishlist of things that would make our practices more enjoyable. Kids also love snacks (and they will be working up quite an appetite). Please consider signing up to donate small snacks or drinks to the team.