New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Langston Hughes Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Panthers!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Langston Hughes Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- 7th and 8th-grade students who are new to Hughes Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend one of the elementary schools in the South Lakes HS pyramid as a 6th-grader.
- If the student attended an elementary school in the South Lakes HS pyramid, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to Hughes MS.
To join Langston Hughes Middle School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Langston Hughes MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Cristina Hannon, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
New Student Registration Forms
- View and complete the forms enrollment bundle.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View and complete the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.